Introduction to Service Quality Regulation
International Telecommunication Union
In the telecommunications industry, price is no longer the sole factor in purchasing decisions. Service quality plays a key role to all stakeholders and, particularly, in achieving consumer satisfaction.
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Partnerships for the goals - Technology
- Quality of service
About this course
The main objective of the training course is to develop an understanding of the fundamentals of service quality and establishing a service quality regulatory framework, by building knowledge on the role of standards, measurement methodologies and guidelines on consumer protection and competition issues.Download syllabus
The target audience for this course is incoming and emerging ICT/Telecommunications regulators and policy makers.
- Understand the fundamentals of service quality and establish a service quality regulatory framework
- Gain an understanding on the role of standards and the guidance available to regulators to establish quality regulatory frameworks and monitor service quality
- Build knowledge on measurement methodologies that could be applied to quality assessment of telecommunication services
- Understand the guidelines on consumer protection and competition issues and implement strategies to improve service quality and help consumers make informed choices