Personal information is information which Users provide to UN SDG:Learn which personally identifies them, such as name, email address or other data which can be reasonably linked to them. This information is requested upon registration on the UN SDG:Learn, and can also potentially be provided when filling out feedback forms or sending an email.
Collection of Information
Data collected on the UN SDG:Learn can be data provided by the User, i.e. upon registration, feedback form, emails, etc. OR data collected through the use of UN SDG:Learn services, i.e. selected areas of interest, mental models, assessment results, and learning pathways.
The following data1 is collected through the use of UN SDG:Learn services for the purpose of learning analytics. Data collected will depend on the services offered and selected by the User, which may include:
- Registration data;
- Selected areas of interest around SDGs, cross-cutting themes and mental models;
- User assessments results;
- Anonymized user behaviour and statistics.
No individual learning analytics will be knowingly made available to other people outside UN SDG:Learn unless specified and separate consent from users is obtained.
Use of Information
Personal information is collected and used for the following purposes:
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the UN SDG:Learn, UN SDG:Learn and all its services; this includes the research purposes and implementation of quality assurance processes. The information is used without personal identification;
- to provide Users with personalised feedback;
- to send email notifications and updates about overall UN SDG:Learn, and services;
- to manage User account(s).
Security of Information
Privacy of User information is of utmost priority for UN SDG:Learn. Procedural and technological measures are in place to protect User Personal Information. Such procedures protect the confidentiality of the Personal Information or User traffic that UN SDG:Learn creates, receives, stores and transmits.
UN SDG:Learn has done all in its power to ensure that the Company providing the Hosting Services for UN SDG:Learn has put in place all the requisite technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised access to Users’ personal information.
UN SDG:Learn protects all stored data from misuse and respects the rights of the data owners which are guaranteed by ensuring that the access, analyse or otherwise the purpose of use of information is consistent with our mandate.
UN SDG:Learn may disclose your Personal Information only:
- if required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or otherwise in cooperation with an investigation of a governmental authority;
- to enforce the UN SDG:Learn Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to protect the safety of users of the UN SDG:Learn and its services.
- Data are mainly collected through the web server (access logs and assessments’ results)and Google Analytics (anonymized user behaviour).