Terms and Conditions of Use (TCU) of UN SDG:Learn1 platform, featured content, assessments, materials and services2
By using the UN SDG:Learn, the User accept and agree to be legally bound by the Agreement, whether or not you are a registered User. If you do not wish to be bound by the terms of the Agreement, you should not use UN SDG:Learn:
1. The learning products and solutions offered through and featured on UN SDG:Learn solely have an informative/academic purpose. UN SDG:Learn grants permission to Users to visit the UN SDG:Learn’s and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) for personal and non-commercial use, or to compile or create derivative works there from, unless stated otherwise. Specific Materials may also be subject to more specific restrictions.
2. Unless expressly stated otherwise, findings, interpretations and conclusions on the Materials are the expression of staff members, consultants and advisers of the UN SDG:Learn Joint Secretariat and its Partners who developed the work. The Materials do not necessarily represent the views of UN SDG:Learn, its Partners, the United Nations or its Member States.
3. Materials are provided “as is” and any expressed or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. UN SDG:Learn specifically does not make any warranties or representations to the accuracy or completeness of any Materials. UN SDG:Learn may periodically change, improve or update the Materials without notice. In no event shall UN SDG:Learn be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages (including, without limitation, loss of use, loss of profits or revenues or other economic loss of licensee or any third party) that is claimed to have resulted from the use of the Materials, even if UN SDG:Learn or the United Nations have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The use of the platform is at the User’s sole risk. Users specifically acknowledge and agree that the United Nations and UN SDG:Learn are not liable for any conduct of any Users.
4. The courses, microlearning and other content featured on UN SDG:Learn may contain advices, opinions and statements of various information providers. UN SDG:Learn does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any Users of the platform, any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither UN SDG:Learn nor the United Nations, nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any Users or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness. Neither UN SDG:Learn nor the United Nations, nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting there from.
5. As a condition of use of UN SDG:Learn platform, Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless UN SDG:Learn, its Partners, the United Nations or its Member States from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of UN SDG:Learn including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User under those Conditions. If the Users are dissatisfied with any Materials on the UN SDG:Learn or the TCU, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the UN SDG:Learn.
6. Materials on the UN SDG:Learn may contain links and references to third parties web sites. The linked web sites are not under the control of UN SDG:Learn or the United Nations. Neither UN SDG:Learn nor the United Nations are responsible for the content of any linked web site or any link contained in a linked web site. UN SDG:Learn provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked web site by UN SDG:Learn or the United Nations.
7. The User shall refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on the United Nations and shall not engage in any activity regarding the use of the UN SDG:Learn which is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations or the mandate of UNITAR and UNSSC.
8. In the case of UN SDG:Learn containing access to mailing lists or other messages or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), Users agree to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, Users agree that when using the Forums, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, discriminate, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents there for as may be required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
9. Users acknowledge that all Forums are public and not private communications. Further, Users acknowledge that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by UN SDG:Learn or the United Nations, and that such communications shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by UN SDG:Learn or the United Nations.
10. Upon infringement of these TCU, UN SDG:Learn reserves the right to remove, any content of UN SDG:Learn, including but not limited to, content on the Forums received from Users, emails and bulletin board postings.
Preservation of immunities
Nothing in or related to the TCU shall be deemed a waiver, express or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, the Parties Members of UN SDG:Learn or UNITAR or UNSSC under the terms of the 1946 Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations.
Use of Your Data and Content
No waiver by the UN SDG:Learn of any provision of these TCU shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
UN SDG:Learn reserves the right to modify these TCU at any time and without advance notice. Any changes to the TCU will be effective immediately upon posting on this page. By accessing the UN SDG:Learn platform, you signify your agreement to the TCU as varied or amended with the terms of this Agreement.
The designations employed and the presentation of Materials on the platform do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UN SDG:Learn or the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The term “country” as may be used in the Materials also refers, as appropriate, to territories or areas. The designations “developed” and “developing” regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
- UN SDG:Learn is a United Nations initiative that aims to bring relevant and curated learning solutions on sustainable development topics to individuals and organizations. Through the collaborative efforts of the United Nations, multilateral organizations, and sustainable development partners from universities, civil society, academia and the private sector, UN SDG:Learn provides a unique gateway that empowers individuals and organizations through an informed decision when selecting among a wealth of SDG-related learning products and services that are currently available. The Parties members/UNITAR and UNSSC represent UN SDG:Learn for the purpose of this Agreement. UN SDG:Learn administers all information found on the UN SDG: Learn
- Adapted from Administrative Instruction ST/AI/2001/5*
- User: anyone who accesses and uses the UN SDG:Learn platform.