- Ten 4-hour e-Workshops are delivered over a period of 5 weeks
- 8 to 10 hours a week
- USD 3,500
- Start date
- 1 June 2021
- End date
- 1 July 2021
- Registration deadline
- 21 May 2021
Well-developed negotiation and leadership skills become increasingly important in times of crisis. In this context, UNITAR and The Ambassador Partnership developed an Executive Online Certificate on Dispute Resolution to assist the capacity development of individuals during these challenging times.
About this course
The overall objective of the project is to enable participants to strengthen their professional skills in the workplace as well as developing external partnerships with other like-minded actors in the fields of negotiation, leadership, and dispute resolution.
The online certificate will focus on deepening participants’ knowledge and provide guidance on how to better integrate one’s own dispute resolution approaches related to negotiation and mediation at work. Through the online activity, UNITAR and The Ambassador Partnership intend to strengthen the participants’ knowledge to further improve high-level negotiation, mediation, and meeting skills.
The virtual course will take place over a period of five weeks from 1 June to 1 July 2021. There will be two 4-hour online sessions per week on Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 – 16:00 GMT+1/UTC+1.
The online training will consist of lectures and facilitated discussions by senior experts and practitioners in the field, as well as simulation exercises, role plays and case studies (approximately 50% of the course). There will be ample opportunities for group discussions and sharing of experience under the guidance of the facilitators.
The e-Workshops will take place via the online platform Zoom. The activities will be designed to be highly interactive, characterised by a similar format to that of face-to-face courses. Engagement will be assured through discussion, Q&A sessions, group work, and hands-on exercises and assignments.
Registration Link: https://ambassadorllp.com/course.htmlDownload syllabus
The online course is designed for growth-oriented professionals whose work involves significant problem-solving. The skills taught are highly transferable but particularly relevant to those involved in bi- or multilateral diplomacy, as well as government relations.
When receiving the Executive Online Certificate on Dispute Resolution, participants will be able to:
- Analyse complex problems and disputes taking into account the impact of history, politics and economics;
- Develop and apply essential principles of the art of negotiation and mediation;
- Identify characteristics of effective meetings and know one’s personal strengths and weaknesses in meeting skills;
- Familiarise with different approaches to leadership and develop a leadership style in line with one’s personality and work environment;
- Implement acquired tools for dispute resolution and adequate negotiation techniques in times of increased uncertainty.