Three Steps to Integrating the Global Goals into Corporate Reporting
United Nations Global Compact Academy
Global Reporting Initiative
With the help of experts from the UN Global Compact, Shift, and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), this Academy session will guide participants through a three-step approach to integrating the Global Goals into existing business and reporting processes.
- Sustainable Development Goals
- 2030 Agenda
- Breaking the silos
- Decent work and economic growth
- Partnerships for the goals
- Partnerships for the goals - Systemic Issues
About this course
Interested in why you should report on the SDGs and how to best do so? With transparency becoming the new paradigm for conducting business, now is the moment to take your company’s sustainability reporting to the next level. Integrating the Global Goals into corporate reporting will help you show how your company is making an impact to tackle the world’s most pressing issues. It will also help address the information needs of Governments, investors and other stakeholders, and enhance your company’s accountability to society. With the help of experts from the UN Global Compact, Shift, and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), this Academy session will guide participants through a three-step approach to integrating the Global Goals into existing business and reporting processes.
By completing this session and related learning materials, you will learn to:
- Understand the business value of measuring and reporting on your company’s impact on the Global Goals
- Identify and prioritize the Global Goals and related targets that are most relevant to your business to act and report on in alignment with recognized standards and principles in particular the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the GRI Standards How the Global Goals can be integrated into existing business and reporting processes through a three-step approach and without creating additional burden to your company
- Understand Governments’ and investors’ future information needs related to the Global Goals.