- 10 days
- 6 -7 hours per day
- 2,600 USD with possible fee reduction to 1,500 USD for participants from SIDS and LDCs
- Start date
- 25 May 2020
- End date
- 5 June 2020
- Registration deadline
- 20 May 2020
International law is pushing frontiers both on earth, outer space and in the digital realm with high-level experts. This Executive Diploma introduces students and practitioners to new and cutting-edge legal topics through a series of interactive workshops taught by high-level experts.
About this course
The Online Executive Diploma on International Law will give participants the essential knowledge on the fundamentals of international law and the new developments driven by technologies. The first week will cover the underlying principles of public international law necessary to understand the importance, role and purpose of international law in the contemporary legal order. Once equipped with these tools to understand international law principles, participants will discover the new challenges arising in the filed of international environmental law and climate change before exploring the final frontiers in polar law and space law.
After pushing the frontiers in the “real world” during this first week, the second week will allow participants to delve into the digital sphere and look at the implication of cyber development and artificial intelligence to international law. Here participants will be introduced to the rules of international humanitarian law governing cyber operations and international law of cyber-security. The course will then tackle issues related to cyber warfare and will finally address the question of extraterritorial use of force against non-state actors facilitated by new weapons.Download syllabus
The online executive diploma aimed at students and professionals seeking a deeper understanding of international law.
At the end of this online executive diploma, participants will be able to:
- Identify the main actors and principles of public international law;
- Analyze the emerging concepts of international environmental law;
- Describe the historical evolution of polar law and identify its key standard-setting instruments;
- Identify and analyze the main legal issues related to the application of space law;
- Describe the main rules of international humanitarian law and differentiate between those which apply to the cyberspace and the others;
- Define the role and importance of international law of cyber-security for the international security;
- Apply the main rules governing international humanitarian law to cyber-warfare;
- Demonstrate profound understanding of key issues of the extraterritorial use of force against non-state actors