UNEP, SIAP, UNITAR
Statistics The Global Network of Institutions for Statistical Training (GIST) builds sustainable statistical capacities through effective, and harmonized delivery of statistical training.
What would you want to learn about today?
- Demographic and Social Statistics
- Economic Statistics
- Environment and Multi-Domain Statistics
- Methodology of Statistical Processes
- Strategic and Managerial Issues
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being for people
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reducing inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the goals
How would you like to learn about official statistics?
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics
The Global Network of Institutions for Statistical Training (GIST)
The range and depth of data demands emerging out of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is unprecedented. Significant efforts are required to strengthen national statistical capacities to provide the necessary data and statistics for the full implementation of the 2030 agenda. The UN General Assembly, in its resolution 71/313, has fully recognized the crucial importance of data for sustainable development and the urgent need to strengthen statistical capacities in countries. The Cape Town Global Action Plan for Sustainable Data also prioritizes statistical training as essential action area.
Recognizing that statistical training is key in strengthening countries’ statistical capacities, the Global Network of Institutions for Statistical Training (GIST) has been established to help optimize and harmonize the training offerings of various institutions in the domain of statistics, and to maximize their outreach and ensure they are delivered in an efficient and cost-effective manner. This section of the UN SDG:Learn portal provides an overview of courses in statistics provided by GIST members.
Do you want more information on GIST?Visit GIST website