Course detailsVisit course page
- 2 months
- 1 hour per week
- Asia and the Pacific
- Shanghai, P.R. China
- Free for learning. RMB 100 for learning certificate ( when the learner gets 60 pts or above, he/she is qualified to apply for the certificate).
- Start date
- 2 March 2020
- End date
- 8 June 2020
- Registration deadline
- 25 May 2020
The course aims at introducing the characteristic theories and thoughts of traditional Chinese Medicine, characteristic therapies of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), processing of Chinese material medica, study of traditional Chinese medici as well as the history and the cultural background.
About this course
The cost of health keeping is getting higher globally which brings great challenge for human society since the drug or vaccine is getting so much expensive today. Furthermore, lack of effective drugs for new disease, such as the corvid-2019 pandemic cause disaster in some districts. TCM is an ancient knowledge and technique for human healthy keeping and treatment with unique thoughts under traditional Chinese culture which should contribute. TCM provide not only cheap treatment methods, for example, well known acupuncture, and also emphasize on preventive treatment which should low the cost for health keeping.
The course Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Culture aims at introducing the characteristic theories and thoughts of traditional Chinese Medicine, characteristic therapies of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), processing of Chinese material medica, study of traditional Chinese medicine as well as the history and the social and cultural background of traditional Chinese medicine, and spreading the knowledge and culture of traditional Chinese medicine.
Schedule: started on March 2, 2020 and will held about 8 weeks.
Instructor: Chongsheng Peng, associate professor in school of pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
1. It is required for learners to conduct online video learning currently, complete relevant assignments and tests and in the meantime actively participate in the activities on the online forum.
2. Learners who have got an online learning achievement of 60 pts or above may enroll for the learning of offline flipped classroom and practical teaching.
All the people who are interested in traditional Chinese Medicine and Chinese Cluture.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic concepts and principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM);
- Be aware of traditional Chinese culture behind the TCM;
- Understand how TCM practitioners think in Chinese traditional thoughts to prevent or treat human diseases.