Think Road Safety – Road Safety Training for External PARTNERS
World Bank Group
World Bank Group – Open Learning Campus
- 2 week
- 1-2 hours per week
This course provides an introduction to road safety, impacts caused by injuries and deaths, global data on mobility, and the global plan of action for safety improvement.
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Good health and well-being for people
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Road Safety
- road safety
About this course
This course provides an introduction to road safety, impacts caused by injuries and deaths, global data on mobility, and the global plan of action for safety improvement. A considerable part of the course is spent on understanding the importance of road infrastructure, implementing the Safe System Approach with global instances cited, and managing additional aspects such as police enforcement. It also looks at methods of safety implementation and examples of worldwide successful case studies. Lastly, the course examines the capacity reviews and project management operations carried out by the World Bank for improving road safety.
This course will take approximately 150 minutes to complete. It includes additional reference materials such as videos, links, and PDFs. The course also includes a quiz section at the end. You need to answer at least 75% correctly to pass the quiz and complete this course.
Any trained road engineer or road safety practitioner, designers, municipalities, road authorities, funding agencies and government officials working on areas related to Road safety.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of the Road Safety Training Program.
- Learn about the Safe System approach to road safety management.
- Analyze strategies that form part of safe infrastructure engineering
- Learn about interventions to ensure their effectiveness in reducing significantly and sustainably road deaths and injuries.