The standardisation of data for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through a common data exchange format helps:
- Ensure the timely and efficient collection, validation and dissemination of SDG indicators
- Enable the automation of data exchange while simplifying data validation and dissemination
The SDMX standard is a good tool for this, and this e-learning course therefore seeks to provide data providers with the skills they need to model their data using this standard
This course is offered to anyone involved in the compilation and dissemination of SDG indicators. Participants are expected to include statisticians from National Statistical Offices and international agencies as well as users from governments and academia.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the global SDG indicator framework;
- Explain the elements of the Global Data Structure Definition (DSD) for the SDGs;
- Identify where customisation of the Global DSD is necessary; and
- Understand recommended practices for customising the Global DSD.