Sustainable Development Goal 12.3 is defined as the goal that “by 2030, halve per capita global food waste at the retail and consumer levels and reduce food losses along production and supply chains, including post-harvest losses”.
About this course
The course consists of 5 lessons, of 40 – 55 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to SDG Target 12.3 and Sub-indicator 12.3.1.a
- Lesson 2: Food Loss Index (FLI) & Global Food Loss Index (GFLI)
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Loss Data Collection
- Lesson 4: The Food Loss Estimation Model
- Lesson 5: Monitoring and Reporting
Available in English. Forthcoming in French and Spanish.
This course is primarily intended for staff/agencies that are either responsible for monitoring food loss, including the data collection, dissemination and analysis, or staff/agencies that will be involved in the estimation and reporting of SDG Sub-indicator 12.3.1.a.
You will learn about
- Understanding the SDG target 12.3 and indicator 12.3.1.a and how it can inform food system policies (and vice versa)
- Explaining the importance of measuring and reporting on food losses at country-level
- Understanding definitions and key concepts
- Understanding challenges in the measurement, how to strategize and use tools to collect the necessary information