This course focuses on SDG Indicator 2.a.1 – Agriculture orientation index for government expenditure. The course illustrates the indicator, its rationale, the methodology and statistical classifications it is based on, and the challenges that countries may face when compiling the data.
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 15 to 30 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 The role of public finance in Goal 2 and Target 2.a of the 2030 Agenda
- Lesson 2 Target 2.a and indicator 2.a.1
- Lesson 3 Compilation of Government Expenditure on Agriculture questionnaire
- Lesson 4 Countries’ role in compiling government expenditure data
Watch this video to find out more: https://youtu.be/gcazWN2VG1cDownload Syllabus
This course is primarily intended for professionals who play a role in the data collection, analysis and reporting on SDG Indicator 2.a.1, as well as for people with an interest in the process. They include policy-makers, data producers, and professionals in charge of compiling the Government Expenditure on Agriculture questionnaire.
You will learn about:
- Fundamental role of public finance in supporting agriculture
- How SDG Indicator 2.a.1 is calculated
- How the Indicator can help monitoring Target 2.a of the 2030 Development Agenda
- Data collection, compilation and reporting process for SDG Indicator 2.a.1
- Role of countries in compiling government expenditure data