This course has been developed to support countries in the analysis and reporting for Indicator 2.4.1 of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (Proportion of agricultural area under productive and sustainable agriculture), and to facilitate the understanding of the main concepts underpinning the methodology.
The course consists of 4 lessons, ranging from approximately 30 to 40 minutes duration each:
- Lesson 1 Introduction to SDG Indicator 2.4.1
- Lesson 2 Key features of SDG Indicator 2.4.1
- Lesson 3 Collecting the data
- Lesson 4 Analysing and reporting
Watch this video to find out more: https://youtu.be/jtKPWZAndwsDownload Syllabus
The course is primarily intended for those who play a role in data collection, analysis and reporting for SDG Indicator 2.4.1, including agronomists, statisticians, enumerators and data analysts, as well as policy makers and people with an interest in the process.
You will learn about:
- The concept of sustainable agriculture and the importance of SDG Indicator 2.4.1
- The key features of the Indicator, with a focus on its 11 themes that span economic, social and environmental dimensions
- The use of the farm survey and alternative options for data collection
- The methodology for analyzing, computing and reporting this SDG Indicator