Course detailsVisit course page
This is a set of comprehensive training materials – PPTs, exercises, case studies from the African region, manuals - intended for national experts – government officials, academics, UNCTs, and others – to enable them to run training workshops. The toolkit is available in English and French.
About this course
This toolkit developed by UNITAR in collaboration with the UN family explains the theory and practical implications behind policy integration and Leave No One Behind imperatives. Based on this improved understanding, it then aims to support more harmonized approaches towards incorporating the SDGs across the national policy cycle: from integrated planning to aligned budgeting frameworks and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, reviews and reporting.
The toolkit is available in two versions. The first version is specifically customized for African Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and available in both English and French. The second version is a Generic one in English with world-wide case studies.Download syllabus
- Government officers;
- UN Country Team;
- Media representatives;
- Business and industry;
- Trade unions;
- Community leaders;
- Academia and universities;
- Youth organizations;
- Country-based international partners, etc.
As a result of the training, participants should be better positioned to:
- Describe the core competencies for leadership aligned with the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda and identify current capacity gaps;
- Localize the SDGs in the national context and describe existing mechanisms for monitoring, evaluation and reporting related to the SDGs and national goals;
- Explain the importance of coherence between the different stages of the policy cycle and provide examples of approaches that could reinforce this coherence;
- Apply frameworks and analytical tools for integrated analysis and decision-making;
- Analyze policies and programs in light of the key principle of Agenda 2030 “Leave No One Behind”;
- Promote participatory approaches at different stages of the policy cycle.
Simona Costanzo Sow
United Nations System Staff College
Simona Costanzo Sow United Nations System Staff College