Course detailsVisit course page
- 10 months
- 30-40h a week
- Online; Ciudad Colon, San Jose, Costa Rica
- On-campus: $19,500.00; Online: $8,700.00; Certificate: $3,550.00
A full-fledged Master of Arts bridging the Non-profit Development world and the world of Diplomacy. This Master will offer students the sought-after capabilities for a successful career in Development and Diplomacy.
About this course
The Master of Arts in Development Studies and Diplomacy is an interdisciplinary and holistic programme that will not only broaden student’s knowledge in the field of development studies, sustainability and diplomacy but it will also equip them with the required soft skills for a successful international career in any of these areas of expertise. It is offered both online and face-to-face on the UPEACE campus in Costa Rica. During this programme, students will analyse the different dimensions of development including, environmental, social, economic and human dimensions as well as the theory and practice of diplomacy in the 21st century. Students will also attend skills development sessions that are designed to support their professional career and employability. Careers in this field can be very broad. Prospective employers include governments, international organizations, development agencies, academia and the private sector.
The programme is designed for graduate students, diplomats, government officers, NGO representatives, international civil servants or private sector specialists willing to strengthen their knowledge in development studies, sustainability, international affairs management and diplomacy.
At the end of the Master, student should :
- Have a deep understanding on the theory and practice of development studies, international cooperation and sustainable development;
- Be able to evaluate the different dimensions of development;
- Have a deep understanding on the theory and practice of diplomacy;
- Be able to appraise the nexus between diplomacy, the UN System and current contemporary challenges;
- Be able to apply key soft skills in an international working environment.