The overall aim of the course is to strengthen the competences required by public sector leaders for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, to recognize the most important skills required for effective leadership, and to gain a comprehensive overview of the current and future challenges facing public leaders.
Participants will learn about current issues faced by leaders, future trends and their impact on leadership, the advantages of collaborative leadership, the link between leadership skills and the SDGs, and leadership skills specific to the public sector.
The course is based on UNITAR’s sound adult learning pedagogical principles. Each module includes interactive readings, self-assessment activities and quizzes. The learning activities are distributed in such a way to ensure the achievement of the learning objectives in a flexible manner.Download Syllabus
The course is designed for current and emerging public-sector leaders, civil servants and managers from both developed and developing countries.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe different approaches to leadership
- Recognise the specific challenges facing public sector leaders
- Describe the potential benefits and costs of collaboration in the context of achieving development results
- Describe the role of public leaders in achieving the SDGs
- Identify the leadership skills necessary to manage future challenges