Course detailsVisit course page
- 3 months
- 30 hours
- 200 USD
- Start date
- 4 January 2021
- End date
- 4 April 2021
- Registration deadline
- 3 January 2021
This self-paced course is designed to cover both the theoretical and the practical aspects of the Law of Treaties, starting with the basic notions, sources, subjects, principles, and scope of application of conventions forming the base of the Law of Treaties.
About this course
The International Law of Treaties is a set of international principles and rules regulating the conclusion procedure of treaties, as well as the issues of operation, amendments and modifications, termination, suspension and invalidity of treaties. This course is designed to cover both the theoretical and the practical aspects of this subject, starting with the basic notions, sources, subjects, principles, and scope of application of conventions forming the base of the Law of Treaties.
The course runs continuously throughout the year. Once we have received your payment, your enrollment is completed, and we will give you access to the course for 3 months. You will need to complete the course within these for months, but as it is self-paced, you can take the courses at your own pace. The course requires about 30 hours to complete. If you do it directly, with leave from work, it could take you about 1.5 week. If you do not have leave from work, it could take you about 3 weeks back to back. But, since the course is self-paced, you can divide the work within the 3 months period. This self-paced course consists of four modules:
- Module 1: “The Basic Notions, Sources, and Principles of the Law of Treaties”;
- Module 2: “The Conclusion of Treaties”;
- Module 3: “The Operation, Modification, and Termination of Treaties”;
- Module 4: “The Invalidity, Interpretation and Consequences of Termination and Suspension of Treaties”.
Government officials, international civil servants, lawyers, judges, NGO representatives, academics, law students, private sector professionals in the field of international law and international organizations.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate profound understanding of the key issues of the International Law of Treaties, including knowledge of the important provisions of the universal conventions that form the base of the International Law of Treaties;
- Identify and apply the rules and procedures of the International Law of Treaties to practical cases, find the relevant sources of law and build legal arguments;
- Analyze and interpret international judicial decisions and opinions concerning the International Law of Treaties;
- Apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills to their professional activities in fields related to the Law of treaties. For example, preparing a draft of a treaty, or participating in the negotiations and international conferences on the elaboration and adoption of an international treaty.