UNITAR’s course on the Law of International Organizations is structured in a way to cover the main legal questions related to international organizations, from both a theoretical and practical perspective. This edition offers a Q&A webinar with a high-level expert.
About this course
International organizations are playing an increasingly important role in the international legal order. Nowadays, they wield growing normative powers. For those working for or dealing with international organizations, a sound understanding of the law of international organizations thus appears indispensable. UNITAR’s self-paced course on the Law of International Organizations is structured in a way to cover the main legal questions related to international organizations, from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
This extended edition of UNITAR’s traditional online course offers participants the chance to ask questions to a high level expert during a Q&A webinar. Participants who successfully meet the minimum passing requirements at the end of the course will receive a UNITAR Certificate of Completion. This course consists of four modules:
- Module 1 “The definition, principles and basic legal issues on international organizations”;
- Module 2 “The functioning on international organizations”;
- Module 3 “The international responsibility of international organizations”;
- Module 4 “The settlement of disputes involving international organizations”.
Government officials, international civil servants, lawyers, judges, NGO representatives, academics, law students, private sector professionals in the field of international law and international organizations.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a profound understanding of the definition of international organization, the rules and principles governing its creation, its structure and functioning, and relationship with other actors of international law, primarily but not exclusively States
- Identify and analyze the main legal issues related to the responsibility of international organizations
- Differentiate the legal regimes governing the settlement of disputes involving international organizations
- Apply theoretical knowledge acquired during the course to their different professional capacities, including working for international organizations, dealing with international organizations in diplomatic service, in various ministries or non-governmental organizations, or researching international organizations