This short course introduces the process of monitoring progress towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). It highlights the role of UN agencies in supporting data collection and analysis, and it presents the SDG indicators under FAO custodianship.
About this course
You will find:
- an interactive video, introducing the Sustainable Development Goals, the monitoring process and the indicators for which FAO is custodian agency
- questions and answers on: FAO Sustainable Development Goal indicators; Why to use the global and disaggregated data; Role of FAO as custodian UN agency.
This short course is intended as a quick introduction for all people interested in the process of data collection, analysis and reporting for SDG indicators, with a focus on indicators for which FAO is custodian agency.
You will learn about:
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Importance of monitoring progress towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- How FAO and other UN organizations can support countries with data collection, analysis and dissemination
- SDG indicators for which FAO is custodian agency