Introduction to Spectrum Management
International Telecommunication Union
Fundamentals of spectrum management and establishing a spectrum management regulatory framework, by building knowledge on general concepts on spectrum management, international regulation, recommendations, processes for each service such as mobile, TV broadcasting, Satellite etc
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Partnerships for the goals - Technology
- Partnerships for the goals - Capacity-building
- Spectrum management
About this course
Wireless technology now drives the development and diversification of information and communication services for government, industry, and the public. In line with the rapid growth of many wireless services and applications, efficient management of radio spectrum has become more and more important for the socio-economic development of a country. The radio spectrum is a scarce natural resource and foundation for all the new mobile applications, and how efficiently use this crucial asset could decides the flourishment or languishment of new wireless service industries in a country. This course will equip all participants with knowledge on spectrum management regulatory framework, general concepts of radio communication, spectrum management processes and related recommendations for mobile, TV broadcasting, Satellite etc, and other topics like EMF on spectrum management.Download syllabus
The target audience for this course is incoming and emerging ICT/Telecommunications regulators and policymakers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of spectrum management and establish a spectrum management regulatory framework.
- Gain an understanding of the role of ITU, region, and National Regulatory Authorities in spectrum management.
- Build spectrum management knowledge on international regulations, recommendations, principles, and processes for various services.
- Understand the guidelines on EMF human exposure limits and other related topics to spectrum management.