About this course
The course consists of the following modules:
- Gender Equality and the UN´s Sustainable Development Goals
- Gender Mainstreaming in Infrastructure Project Needs Assessment, Planning and Design
- Gender Mainstreaming Opportunities in Contracts, Construction Management and O&M
- Gender Mainstreaming in Various Infrastructure Types
All UN System staff and others who are interested to learn about gender issues, specially project managers, infrastructure professionals such as planners, designers, architects and engineers, business developers, and procurement experts drafting TORs and developing evaluation criteria, and social inclusion and gender equality specialists working on development and relief projects globally need support to recognize the relevance of gender equality within infrastructure development, as well as practical examples and guidance on how it applies to their work.
This module will allow users to:
- understand why and how gender mainstreaming is important to planning, building, operating, and maintaining infrastructure;
- recognize the importance of human-centered infrastructure design and the purpose of infrastructure to provide services;
- recall fundamentals of how to mainstream gender equality into infrastructure project life design and planning; and
- understand and apply practical approaches and resources available to gender mainstreaming in specific infrastructure types.