It offers participants a very pragmatic approach, combining theory and practice, and provides them with different models and tools that will help them, in a progressive way, from designing a course to putting it online on the Moodle platform.
About this course
The main objective of the course is to develop an understanding of e-pedagogy and principles associated with design and development of online training courses by providing learning how to make these courses interactive and engaging to enhance retention and transfer of knowledgeDownload syllabus
ITU staff and stakeholders wishing to create new online courses or convert their already existing face-to-face courses to online ones.
- Explore current theories, principles, methodologies, and techniques of online learning to make online courses engaging and to enhance retention and transfer of knowledge,
- Learn how to gather resources and organise them
- Design interactive e-learning solutions that meet learners’ needs and adapt to them
- Gain knowledge and skills on how to design e-learning interactions that increase learning effectiveness
- Learn how to make provisions for instructional graphics and user interfaces for online courses, as well as how to integrate supporting material including audio, video, simulations, and games
- Learn how to design and conduct assessments
- Discover how the ITU’s Moodle platform works and how to develop ITU’s online courses (only for ITU staff and tutors)