You will learn how to foster women’s equal engagement in mining projects, how to take action to eliminate gender-based violence in affected communities, and understand how investment in gender equality and women’s leadership in mining governance can lead to stable and resilient communities.
About this course
United Nations Development Programme, Environmental Governance Programme, and Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development are pleased to offer a FREE Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) on Gender and Mining Governance. This four-week course facilitated in English compiles research from leading institutions in the industry to build awareness and skills in regards to gender governance in the mining industry.
Course highlights and outcomes:
- Gain the skills to build a strong case for strengthening women’s engagement in mining governance
- Interact with experts who are actively engaged in promoting gender equality in the mining industry
- Join the community-of-practice committed to increasing women’s meaningful engagement in mining projects
- Take a deep dive into rich learning materials
- Receive a certificate of completion from the course partners
The course is aimed at representatives of governments, mining companies and civil society working on the promotion gender equality in the mining industry, but is open to everyone.
By the time the course is completed, participants will be able to:
- Understand and evaluate the impact of mining projects on communities, with a particular emphasis on projects’ impact on women
- Assess the importance and benefits of women’s participation and engagement in mining projects for communities, companies and governments
- Outline the measures you can take to effectively eliminate gender-based violence in mining operations and mining-affected communities
- Understand how investment in gender in mining governance can lead to stable and resilient communities