The E-Learning Tutorial on Follow-up and Review (FUR) and the Voluntary National Review (VNR), by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, is designed to support Member States and policy makers in developing strategies and plans to conduct effective and systematic review of the progress made towards the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals. Focal attention is set on the national level and the Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs), which are at the cornerstone of the Follow-up and Review mechanism.Download Syllabus
This course is designed for Member states, policy makers and stakeholders alike, to understand the Follow-up and Review (FUR) processes of the 2030 Agenda, and the Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs).
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and rationale of Follow-up and Review (FUR) and Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs)
- Gain knowledge of the role of Voluntary National Reviews, opportunities for peer learning and regional cooperation
- Apply the step by step guidance for conducting effective, regular and inclusive reviews of progress at the national and sub-national level through VNRs
- Gain knowledge of the voluntary reporting guidelines and the key building blocks for VNRs
- Get insights on the FUR and VNR processes at country level through country examples