The course is intended for energy statisticians working at national statistical offices and ministries in charge of energy. Other individuals, including officers from international or regional organizations are also invited to complete the course if they have interest in doing so.
About this course
In order to successfully complete the course, participants need to:
- Complete all 12 sessions of the course: read the presentations and pass the quizzes (100% with unlimited attempts)
- Pass the final assessment test with a minimum score of 80% (two attempts first week, one attempt each following week)
- Complete the course feedback survey
The “E-learning course on energy statistics” is intended for energy statisticians working at national statistical offices and ministries in charge of energy. The course is recommended for statisticians from developing countries, where there is a need for developing or improving energy balances following international standards and methodologies. Other individuals, including officers from international or regional organizations involved in energy data collection, analysis and dissemination, are also invited to complete the course if they have interest in doing so.
The overall objective of the course is to increase the knowledge and skills of energy statisticians about international standards and methodologies useful for official energy statistics, including IRES. After completing the “E-learning course on energy statistics”, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of energy statistics
- Identify possible data sources for collecting energy statistics
- Report energy statistics based on international standards and methodologies
- Understand the relationship between energy statistics and energy balances
- Build energy balances based on energy statistics
- Compute useful energy indicators based on such statistics
- Understand how energy statistics can be used to calculate CO2 emission estimates according to the IPCC methodology