This online course focuses on the use of efficient tools to facilitate much of the sampling work done for probability sample surveys.
About this course
This online course focuses on the use of efficient tools to facilitate much of the sampling work done for probability sample surveys. Although the attention will be directed towards the DHS surveys, the acquired skills can also be used for other types of surveys.
Members of implementing agencies from qualifying countries.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the value and methodologies for sample surveys versus other approaches to collecting information from large-scale populations.
- Determine appropriate sample size and its allocation for nationwide sample surveys or for surveys to be conducted in a program area.
- Identify a proper sampling frame and select primary sample points.
- Update the primary sample points and select households for household surveys.
- Calculate sampling weights based on a given sample design.