The main goal of the Dataset Users Online Course is to strengthen the capacity of users of DHS data to use, analyze, and interpret DHS data using statistical software.
About this course
The course will enable users to practice these skills using standardized DHS model datasets. In addition, the course will provide users with a better understanding of DHS surveys, sample design, and data structure.
Those with an interest in research and analysis related to demography, public health, economics, sociology, or other social sciences, who are planning to use DHS data such as academics or students or staff conducting policy or program-oriented research.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the elements of DHS surveys
- Recognize the DHS survey methodology and questionnaires
- Understand the process of sampling and weighting and how DHS adjusts for the effect of complex sample design
- Differentiate among DHS data files and variables names
- Conduct basic analysis in Stata statistical software
- Open datasets and find variables of interest
- Recode variables in Stata
- Run descriptive analyses (one-way and two-way tabulations)