Course detailsVisit course page
- 8 hours
- 1,5 hours per block
The course helps you understand what climate change is, how it affects you and others, and what can be done to address it.
About this course
The first edition of the UN CC: Learn Introductory course on Climate Change was launched in Spring 2014 in English. It features six interactive modules and six quizzes. Completion time was 12 hours. Since its launch, the course has been one the flagship training resource on the UN CC:Learn platform, generating more than 100 000 registration and over 15 000 certificates issued.
The new course on Climate change aims to build and improve the original in several dimensions:
- New and up to date information!
- Improved design and usability!
- More engagement and practical use for learners!
The ultimate goal of the course is to upscale global climate literacy by providing general understanding about climate change to a large number of potential change agents.
The course should be of particular interest to the following individuals:
- Public officials
- Environmental managers in the private and NGO sector
- Students, teachers and academic staff
- Anyone who wants to take climate action!.
Overall, the course aims to help anybody to understand climate change and what it means for them and the world. After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what climate change is
- Describe how we plan to adapt to the negative impacts of climate change
- Identify opportunities for low carbon development
- Identify ways to plan and finance climate actions
- Explain how climate negotiations work
- Formulate a climate pledge, project or policy.