Child Online Protection (COP) is a growing concern of the world today as children are at risk of violence, abuse, exploitation, and neglect online. It has never been more important to guide young people to shape their digital practices positively. In an increasingly tech-driven world, young people find it challenging to make the distinction between their online and offline worlds. This self-paced course is designed for the professionals in the education sector and is not limited to educators, youth workers, teachers, staff, leaders, mentors, coaches etc. The lessons aim to impact students by upskilling educators to be responsible in their role in the social support system of child online protection.Download Syllabus
Professionals in the education sector including educators, academic and non-academic staff, school leaders, mentors, coaches, trainers who interact with children.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand online circumstances that can put children at risk of being harmed;
- Identify such risks as mis/disinformation, cyberbullying, online radicalization, screen time, and inappropriate content;
- Know what safety measures should be implemented on school and classroom levels to mitigate online risks;
- Know how to properly respond and report if children were harmed online;
- Be familiar with additional resources to get further support;